Professor Hazard's Terrible Blog

Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Taking Stock

I find myself in the unenviable position of being the oldest, least grown up member of my circle of friends.

My talent profile puts me in an area of expertise that allows me to do one artistically proficient project - standalone, not part of a sequential series - without becoming desperately bored with the process.

The other day, I saw an illustration on the front of an action figure package. "Wow," I thought to myself, "this is the job for me." I could walk away from everything at Snipe Hunt Media, the project I began with love and is now an increasingly ponderous anchor around my neck, and get paid pretty well for drawing other people's toys, instead of getting paid nothing for drawing my own things that I hope, some day, will become toys.

At this juncture in my life, I don't know if I am at the cusp of my child like optimism regarding the fruition of my ambitions paying off, or if it's time to hang it up and get a job I can do that means nothing to me.

No comments:

Followers