Professor Hazard's Terrible Blog

Sunday, March 8, 2009

I Made a Mistake Today

... by going to the local Long John Silvers. The advertisements had convinced me it would be all right - grilled fish! Healthy side dishes! A bed of rice!

What can I say? The first thing I noticed about the place was the thick air of desperation. A large, sullen youth was sweeping the floor in front of the door as I entered. I volleyed off a hearty "How ya doin?!", which was met with grim silence.

As we stood, awaiting our order, we observed a dining room full of grey people who ate with neither speed or joy. There was no conversation to be noticed. A thin film of grime seemed to cover everything and everyone.

After we sat down with our food, I began to wonder if it would be doing a lot of people a favor to burn the place down later that night.

Fourteen dollars worth of food got neither of us full and both of us queasy. We will not ever return to that restaurant.

2 comments:

Brainfreeze said...

How saddening. You two need to come up to my Long John Silvers! It's like Cheers...though not a bar...nor in Boston...and with no real "regular" patrons just hanging around all day.

But they know my name...! And they make their food very well, even the "unhealthy" stuff is on the healthy side..though I wouldn't look twice at their fresh meals.

When asked at my last purchase there if I'd "Like to try our new fresh and healthy dinners?" I said "No! It doesn't have enough grease and waaay too much vegetables for my dollar(s)!"

got a laugh. lame joke. curtain closes.

Professor Hazard said...

But Doctor, I AM Pagliacci!

Followers