Professor Hazard's Terrible Blog

Thursday, October 16, 2008

What's that squealing noise...?

Today, while stopped at a red light, I heard this odd, high-pitched squeal. I began to wonder; is it a fan belt? Axles shouldn't be squeaking while I'm stopped... I looked down at the chihuahua resting in the crook of my arm. Was the dog squeaking? I pulled on his stretchy skin to see if the squeaking would get louder, but he just looked at me, confused. Then I looked to the right and saw the car full of women, aged fifty to fifteen, who were staring into my car and squealing, faces full of joy. I set Quiero down on the seat so he could look out the window at them, and the squealing intensified. I began to become intensely aware of how long a red light can last. For a short time, I knew what it was like to be a celebrity.

When I got home today, I saw what happens when a UPS truck breaks down. We saw the truck with its hood open on the way to work, but when I got back I saw that a second truck had joined it - presumably to take its payload - and a tow truck was rolling up to the two of them. Who ever thinks about a UPS truck breaking down?

4 comments:

James Hataway said...

One time a beautiful woman watched me sing along to The Jackson Five at a red light. I realized then that there is no way to look cool when singing in falsetto outside of the opera.

Professor Hazard said...

At least she now knows that A B C is, in fact, as easy as 1 2 3.

Anonymous said...

When I drove for FedEx last christmas not only did I think about it, I LIVED IT when I low-speed crashed my van into a fire hydrant. It doesn't matter what delivery company you work for, that just does not translate into a good day.

Professor Hazard said...

Yeah, the guy definitely did not look happy. In fact, he kind of had a "I'm gonna get fired" look on his face.

Followers